My first time

I guess this fits under “childhood” as I was 16. So, my first time with a girl was…interesting. Prior to having sex for the first time, I had masturbated, but I had never pulled the skin back. Wasn’t even sure if it could be done. I mean, it was really tight and I thought if I did, I would never get it back over. Anyway, my first time was with a girl who I had “dated” off and on. At first, it was great. To this day, I remember how it felt when I penetrated her. It felt even better when I started thrusting, but the more I did it…the more it turned into a bit of discomfort. I realized what had happened—due to the friction, my foreskin had peeled all the way back. Finally, I just had to stop. I made up something about needing to be picked up by my parents and I didn’t linger too long. When I zipped up, I could feel my exposed glan against my jeans and it felt rather uncomfortable. I wondered if that’s how cut guys felt all the time. It took me to get home and get soft that I could get the skin back over. So, my first time wasn’t great, but…it happened. Hmm, I guess the question is, since I didn’t “finish”, would it still count as my first time?

Which proves the importance that young boys would make sure that the foreskin can fully retract over the glans rim. After all, how else can you clean you penis head properly?
I still wonder how you could have masturbated successfully without being able to pull the foreskin back fully…
Yes, it would count as your “first time”, even if it did not culminate in an orgasm.
So, start pulling your foreskin back over the glans’ rim daily to ensure that it will retract without any discomfort.

The average age for foreskin retraction is 10.5 years. That’s an average, with the range going as high as the late teens.

It’s some U.S. doctors’ lack of knowledge about this that leads them to recommend circumcision when a boy shows up in their office with a normal, healthy foreskin that won’t retract yet. So I’d be more judicious with the phrase “young boys” when you’re talking about retraction.

Further, the penis head does not need cleaning. It is self-cleaning. Some of us may want to clean under there with soap and/or water, but it’s not necessary for good health. No more so than washing your eyeballs or nostrils.

Finally, if this guy’s story (Phimosis and Forcible Retraction) means anything, it’s that retraction itself isn’t critical to a good sex life.

“Which proves the importance that young boys would make sure that the foreskin can fully retract over the glans rim. After all, how else can you clean you penis head properly?
I still wonder how you could have masturbated successfully without being able to pull the foreskin back fully…
Yes, it would count as your “first time”, even if it did not culminate in an orgasm.
So, start pulling your foreskin back over the glans’ rim daily to ensure that it will retract without any discomfort.”

Though I believe that we may agree on this point, I do know that many men are under the mistaken impression that the glans must always be exposed, both during masturbation and sexual intercourse.

Being able to retract normally is important, as it allows maximum pleasure for both male and female during sexual intercourse, but I know several intact men who never expose their glans during masturbation. Their exposed glans is so incredibly sensitive that uncovering it to the air causes painful drying. Many, if not most intact men never touch the glans with their hands or fingers while masturbating, but rely primarily on the back-and-forth movement of the foreskin over the glans to achieve orgasm.

Chris:

It is not necessary to retract one’s foreskin to masturbate.

I masturbated for years with a non-retractable foreskin. Although I can now retract my foreskin, I do not retract during masturbation. I like to have the head covered.

[/quote]
I have 2 friends who as fully-grown adults cannot retract their foreskins at all. They have no problem masturbating and having a variety of interpersonal sex. Foreskin retractibility is a variable just like the other variations of a penis like size, shape, erection angle, etc. The penis can be fascinating, even if many guys are too embarrassed or whatever to admit it.

As a child during my masturbation sessions I remember I would always make myself cum inside my foreskin as it felt the best. I could manipulate and make myself cum very fast. I found out between short rest periods I could continue to manipulate my foreskin and make myself cum over and over again until I started to pump to only dry cum. These sessions would last for hours and would usually wind up falling asleep holding onto my foreskin. I was able to retract but as mentioned, the slightest touch or abrasion would hurt like it was an open wound not making it enjoyable at all.

Things changed as I got older and sexually active. I realized that maintaining covered during sex was impossible and uncomfortable as the foreskin is retracted during insertion. The more active I was I began to notice the comfort levels got better as the exposed sensitive head adjusted but as it adjusted only made the situation worse as I was now premature ejaculating. At this stage the exposed glans was still sensitive to the touch but not as sensitive as an open wound. It became sensitive in a way it felt ticklish.

I continued to have premature ejaculations and saw a doctor who prescribed me some numbing or prolong lube to apply before having sex. It helped a little but I soon realized what I needed to do. The prolong would desensitize the glans but it did not desensitize the foreskin and frenulum. To stop from having to use the prolong, I decided to naturally desensitize my glans by masturbating with the foreskin held back and sleeping with the foreskin retracted. It gave me erections rubbing against the sheets etc but I did notice I could last much longer and I was in control.

I think by retracting during sleep allowed the head to be free of restriction and it expanded in time as well as the glans toughening up. Today I still stick to daily and once a month regimens to be able to fine tune my cock and foreskin just the way I like it. Although I seldom wonder if I were to keep myself covered, would the head go back to my early years where it would be painful to the touch?